Students whose parents reside in Burnaby and who request to attend a Burnaby school from outside of the school's designated attendance area must submit a Cross-District Transfer Application Form . Cross-District applications must be submitted to the requested school during the month of February of the upcoming school year. Applications submitted within the established timeline period will be grouped by the following priority categories:
- Siblings of continuing students in the school whose residence falls outside the school's attendance area (cross-district transfers).
- Students receiving before and/or after-school childcare at a licensed childcare facility within the school's attendance area.
- Students whose residence falls within the attendance areas of other Burnaby schools (cross-district transfers).
- Siblings of continuing students in the school whose residence falls outside the Burnaby School District (out-of-district transfers).
- Students whose residence falls outside the Burnaby School District (out-of-district transfers).
Using these priorities, students will then be assigned to a school providing there is available space and an appropriate educational program.Please Note: This priority order does not apply to district programs such as French Immersion, Mandarin Language Arts or to students who have been administratively transferred to schools by the Superintendent of Schools.