Students seeking to attend a Burnaby school whose parents reside outside of the City of Burnaby’s boundaries must submit an Out-of-District Transfer Application. Out-of-district applications must be submitted to the requested school during the month of February of the upcoming school year.
- Siblings of continuing students in the school, including those in or accepted to district programs, whose residence falls outside the school’s attendance area
- Students who are registered in and attending before and/or after-school childcare at a licensed childcare facility within an elementary school’s attendance area
- Grade 7 students, who attended an elementary school in their attendance area, which straddles the attendance area of TWO secondary schools, will be given priority for grade 8 enrolment in one of those two secondary schools
- Students not included in 3 above whose residence falls within the attendance areas of other Burnaby schools (cross-district transfers)
- Students whose residence falls outside the Burnaby School District (out-of-district transfers)
In the event of more applicants than program spaces available, applications received within the district’s established registration timelines will be grouped by priority category. Within these categories a lottery method will then be used to determine the order of applicants. See policy 5.05 (section A 5.4) for full details.
Applications received after the district deadlines will be prioritized by application date. Sibling applications that do not meet the district deadlines will be placed after existing on-time sibling applications on the waitlist.