The Burnaby Board of Education is committed to providing students with unique learning options. The Mandarin Language Arts Program is an enriching and rewarding opportunity for students to celebrate and appreciate an additional language and culture.
- An option for children entering kindergarten to grade 6 in September 2016
- The program is located at Forest Grove Elementary School
- Students study the regular core curriculum in English as prescribed by the Ministry of Education
- A component of the Language Arts curriculum will be delivered in Mandarin
- The program is designed for students who have strong English language skills
The program will develop:
- Mandarin oral communication skills
- Reading and writing skills (Chinese simplified language)
- An understanding of and appreciation for Mandarin Chinese culture
A District Language Program Application Form must be completed and submitted to your neighbourhood school by the last day of February. Application forms are also available at any Burnaby Elementary School.