Waste and Recycling
- School District 41 continues to move forward with waste reduction targets by reducing garbage pick up from all schools.
- In the near future, garbage pick up for elementary schools will be reduced to one time per month. With pick-up happening 2 times per month at all high schools.
- New centralized stations which will feature bins for recycling, food waste, and garbage are currently being developed by our facilities department
By March 2013 we will have completed lighting up grades to the interiors of every school in the district.
These new lights provide numerous benefits, which include:
- Energy efficient
- Long lifespan
- Vastly superior light quality
- Seismically secured for safety
Here is an example of a Before and After shot of an average classroom undergoing a retrofit project