WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- Good employability skills and a willingness to learn
- Parent/guardian permission
- A suitable employer
WHEN DO I START?
- Must be 15 years of age or older
- As early as the summer between grade 10 & 11
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Start your apprenticeship while still in school
- Participate in 480 hours of paid work
- Earn work-based training hours credited to apprenticeship completion requirements
- Earn 16 graduation credits
- Be eligible for $1 ,000 scholarship
- Earn qualifications as a journey person that are recognized provincially, nationally and internationally
- Complete your apprenticeship and earn a good wage by the age of 22
- Complete post secondary education with little or no debt
WHEN WILL WORK BE SCHEDULED?
- During the school year
- Evenings and/or weekends
- During vacation periods
After highschool, how long will it take to complete an apprenticeship and become a journeyperson?
- All apprenticeships require 3-4 levels of technicial and work-based training
- Most apprenticeships take a minimum of 3-4 years
- For information specific to the trade area you are interested in, check www.itabc.ca