WHAT DOES A PAINTER/DECORATOR DO?
- prepares and applies paint
- sand/hydro blasts for cleaning, decorative or preparatory purposes to steel, concrete or wood
- installs rubber, fibreglass, tank lining
- installs all wall coverings on buildings or structure surfaces
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- must be going into grade 11 or 12
- good employability skills
- strong interest in entering the industry
- good hand/eye coordination
- interested in design and have an eye for detail
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- 6 graduation credits
- post secondary training without the tuition fee
- scholarship opportunities
- certification: Fall Protection/Safety Monitor, Respirator, WHMIS, Level 1 First Aid
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Finishing Trades Institute in Surrey, BC
- 6 weeks in June to July
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in a program interview