WHAT DOES A HAIRSTYLIST DO?
- cleans, cuts, styles, curls, permanently waves, colours and does similar work on the hair of clients
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- must be going into grade 11
- good employability skills
- strong interest in working with hair
- good hand/eye coordination
- creativity is an asset
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- post-secondary training without the tuition fee
- scholarship opportunities
- 36 graduation credits
- building connections with industry employers
- 240 work-based training hours towards 3600 hours required for certification
- Certificate of Qualification Theory exam upon completion of school program
- additional certification in Extension & Braiding
- develop professional customer service skills
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Alpha Secondary School:
- Day 1’s in first year
- Day 2’s in second year
- attend current school on alternate days to complete other courses
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in a program interview