WHAT JOBS ARE AVAILABLE IN FILM & BROADCASTING?
- news operations and production
- field and studio production
- shooting and editing HDV and high definition television
- film and broadcast editing
- writing for film and television
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- must be in grade 11 or 12
- good employability skills
- creative aptitude and ability are assets
- effective interpersonal and communication skills
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- 28 graduation credits
- 16 graduation credits
- 120 hours of work experience
- building connections with industry employers
- professional level technical training in emerging technologies using Mac computers
- develop a portfolio that supports post-secondary application and/or employment
- opportunity to write, produce, direct and report for Shaw Community Access TV show “Burnaby Connect”
- scholarship opportunities
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Burnaby North Secondary School on Day 1’s (afternoons)
- attend current school to complete other courses (Day 1 mornings and Day 2’s)
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in a program interview