WHAT DOES A CONSTRUCTION ELECTRICIAN DO?
- installs, constructs, alters, repairs, maintains, tests, services, calibrates, and operates related electrical and electronic systems in any residential, construction or large industrial projects
- ensures that all electrical connections are safe and meet the standards set by the electrical code
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- must be in grade 11 or 12
- good employability skills
- strong interest in entering industry
- strong math skills are an asset
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- post-secondary apprenticeship training without the tuition fee
- scholarship opportunities
- 20 graduation credits
- 120 hours of work experience
- Apprenticeship Technical Training certification Level 1
- building connections with industry employers
- CSA Safety Star certification
- Fall Protection certification
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- Burnaby Mountain Secondary School on Day 1’s
- attend current school to complete other courses on Day 2’s
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in a program interview