WHAT DOES AN AUTO REFINISHING AND PREP TECHNICIAN DO?
- prepares vehicles for paint application (masking, sanding and priming)
- estimates and calculates repair costs
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- entering grade 11 or 12
- good employability skills
- strong interest in entering industry
- an interest in working with hands is an asset
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- post-secondary apprenticeship training without the tuition fee
- 20 graduation credits
- 120 hours of work experience
- building connections with industry employers
- Apprenticeship Technical Training Certification of Qualification
- facilitates transition to Apprenticeship as Automotive Painter
- WHMIS certification and VOC training
- student registered with Industry Training Authority
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE PROGRAM OFFERED?
- February – June (5 months)
- Vancouver Community College – Monday to Thursday (Broadway Campus)
- attend current school on Fridays to complete other courses
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- submit an application package
- participate in a program interview